What do you do with beets?

Quote:
About 4 years ago we had a good size feed of beets... never gave it a second thought...
my DS went to the washroom in the middle of the night and because my DD is a light sleeper if its yellow it mellows for the night if you get my drift... well i got up in the morning and flipped out OMG who's bleeding.. I even brought him to the hospital thinking he had internal injuries.. just to remember in the ER we had beets the night B4

Quote:
Me Too
sickbyc.gif

Beets can be just good plain! With golden ones, you can just boil them, pick them up in your hand, and eat them like an apple! (albeit a somewhat mushy apple) We usually make Pickled Beets with Hard-boiled Eggs.

As a personal chef, I've cooked for lots of people of all cooking abilities (even other chefs looking for new ideas). I have to say I'm a little purplexed by someone on the INTERNET asking about how to cook beets.

but...

Until I thought a little deeper...You're asking what do "I" do with beets. 150 things come rushing to my mind.
But at home the only thing I do is boil until soft, shock cool them in ice water, and rub off the outer skin while they are in the ice water, slice, return them to the still hot pan to re-heat, and eat.

Roast a chicken, make some white rice, then put a little of the beet juice in the rice before serving. looks cool, tastes great.

yum

Of all the dishes I've cooked. The simplest-easyist recipes are always the best. They are easy, quick, and don't have too many flavors competing against each other.

Keep it simple.
[edit to add]
AND if you eat home cooked beets and you DON'T have red poo the next day, I have one word for you .....SALAD!!! You don't have enough fiber in your diet to move "stuff" through your system fast enough.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom