What do you do with extra roos

GBov

Songster
10 Years
Apr 3, 2009
Button Roos, that is. I know what to do with extra Coturnix roos
wink.png

Am about to move all the coturnix into a big walk in pen as they are fast outgrowing the finch flight cages but that will take me right back to one of the reasons I got them. Spilled seed! Finches are SO messy when they eat and such a lot of REALLY expensive seed goes to waste that it only makes since to have something in the cages eating it up.

*Shhhhhh* Thats my story and I'm stickin to it!

So am about to go looking for some button quail eggs to hatch and as my coturnix hatch 50/50 male to female I cant see buttons being any different.

WHAT does one do with the extra roos? And the eggs if one isnt hatching them?

I put little ads up for my extra button roos. There is always someone out there looking for a boy
smile.png
As for what to do with the eggs, I sell mine, but if you are not planning to hatch them, you can hard boil them and feed them back to the birds for added protein
smile.png
They love it! You can blow the eggs and use them for arts and crafts, feed them to snakes, etc...there are many uses if you are hatching them.

You might be able to sell them to a pet store or trade them to a pet store for store credit. I've seen others comment that they do this.

Back
Top Bottom