What do you do with really long hair?

dappertophatter

Songster
11 Years
Mar 1, 2008
The Jersey Shore
DD1 has hair down to her elbows, and she's getting it cut in a few months.

In the meantime, she says she's really tired of ponytails, and wants to know how y'all put up your long hair.

Any ideas for her?

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=354760
When
she is ready
smile.png

Mmmm, I saw that. DD's done that for three years so far, because her hair grows SUPER fast. She'll be giving over a foot this time!

How did you put up your hair before you cut it? It's such a lovely shade- mine's what horse people call mouse brown.
roll.png
Not the purtiest color.

My favorite way to wear long hair is to do either a single braid or braided pigtails. If I want to put it up I do a single braid, roll it up into a bun and put a hairstick through it to hold it up. Braided pigtails are also really cute bunned up and secured with bobby pins.

Thanks! The flash washed it out a bit. My hair is dark brown with a lot of red in it.

I just pulled it back in a barrette or a loose braid to prevent as much damage as possible.

I twist it up with a clip a lot or wear it in a braid to get it out of my way. I hate wearing ponytails because it doesn't completely contain my hair.

Quote:
That. My hair is down to the small of my back. Can't get brave enough to cut it. As long as I can get it mostly off my neck I'm okay.

Thanks for all your ideas, guys! She uses clips sometimes- her hair's so thick it's hard to find ones big enough to hold.

She just (like 5 minutes ago) taught herself how to use sticks.
th.gif
I know she's not little anymore, but it's still scary how quickly she teaches herself things.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom