What do you do with your long hair?

My hair is past my butt too. Used to be to the middle of my calves, but 18 months ago my daughter cut about 19 inches off for me. I cried. I usually wear it in a bun, although before I got it cut there was too much hair for a bun so it was always in a braid. I wear it in a braid too.....but never loose. Before and after haircut pix.Since the last picture it's grown past my butt again.
4e025d12.jpg

1ab31da7.jpg

8d63c3ec.jpg

Last edited:
Mine's half way down my back. A couple of years ago I tried to go much shorter....15" to locks of love. I have naturally curly hair and shorter equates to poofyer (if that's a word?)
Anyway it's typically up in a ponytail, especially this time of year when it feels like a hot towel on my neck when it's down. DH prefers it long....I say our menfolk should be made to wear a long haired wig for a week in summer, might give them a better appreciation of how much work it is!
wink.png

My hair is about 3/4 down my back. About once every year or two I send 12 - 15 inches to Locks of Love.

I wear it up when working around the house and animals, down when I am going out.

My hair is probably to the top of my butt. I haven't seen it down for long since sumer got here. It always seems to grow in the summer because I wear it up. Either in a ponytail.. or lately a bun. Today, it is a braided bun.. a braided ponytail is way too deadly!
smile.png

I use 3 or 4 of those small claw clips or the chop sticks. Haven't done the sticks in a while.. I need to dig them out.

wow Katie.. that is LONG hair... beautiful too.. .(AND HOT I BET in the summer!!!)

I too have a DH that prefers long straight hair. I HATE IT!!!!! I leave it long (middle of my back) because he dosen't ask much else of me. I work outside in the barn and live in florida, so needless to say it is always up. I just pull it back in a ponytail, wrap it around like in a bun, then clip it with lobster claw clip. When I wear it down, it just hangs there, long and limp and I hate it!!!!!!! :mad: The more I complain about it, the more DH says how "beautiful" it looks
barnie.gif

As to your headaches...you betcha! For years mine was about the middle of my knee in length, thick and heavy. I suffered horrible headaches and my doc suggested cutting it a bit. I had it cut to mid-back and the headaches stopped. Over the years and with taking BP meds, my hair changed and became straight as a board and fine in texture.

My DH prefers it long (butt length) and back in February I had it whacked off at just below the shoulders and he got over it. I simply explained that I was tired of braiding it every night, pulling it up or back every day and so forth.

As my DH replied..."I PREFER it long but I do not have to wear it or care for it". So, Talk to hubby and tell him just that and compromise on cutting it, say to the shoulder blade area of your back...see if it helps with the headaches.

Good luck with it.

Quote:
hehehehe I shave my husband's head all the time. He complained after we were married when he saw a small bald spot in our wedding pictures. I shaved his head and no more complaining about that.
gig.gif
It is more comfortable for him now, post-military, having it all off.

Love the little bee!

Everytime I cut my hair I regret it, so now my hair is to the small of my back. I do the same as you with the claw clippy, or ponytail.

Or I leave it down on good hairdays.

Back
Top Bottom