What do you feed your peachicks?

Another question- how hot is too hot? the temp at the red heat lamp is 107....and they are against the side of the box across from the lamp, but it is 87 on that side? - they have their wings open, but they are shaking......not sure what is going on! I put a blanet over the box, three flaps of the box are up and one is down for a little air.

If you babies are outside and it is not cold or windy they will be fine without a light during the day .
I brood all my hatches outside in a ground pen and this time of year i only time i turn on the light in the daytime is if it is raining cause they just do not use it to keep warm so why waist the eletric IMO

yeah, I live in the Pacific Northwest. Right now it is 61 degrees outside and breezy. I'm in a t-shirt and shorts, but it is chilly.

PEACOCK HITS DAY OLD PEA CHICKS
My peahen just hatch two pea-chicks i keep away the male from them after few hours i was trying to introduce the peacock to pea-chicks .but my peacock pick one chick in his mouth and throw it away , thanks GOD i was there i instantly separate the peacock. i have only pane half covered and half area is fenced by the net . i do not know what to do next , because the is the peak time of summer where temperature reached to 47 'C and some times 50'c . your valuable suggestion are required

Back
Top Bottom