What do you feed your turkeys?

Yeah, that's what mine are getting right now too. It's just SO expensive!
sad.png

I feed mine 28% game bird crumbles.
And then they get a handful of a mix our feed store makes with all kinds of good stuff.
And once ir twice a week some kind of fruit or vegetable or sometimes salmon.

My turkey and chickens are free range. I also throw out cracked corn and layer pellets so they arent tempted to roam too far
smile.png

I have found goat feed to be on sale lately. at $4 cheaper per bag the ingredients are nearly identical. I have been using that in dishes and as scratch to keep the birds content.

I have had my chickens and turkeys together and they all eat the layer pellets. Worked good for me for several years.
I do use game starter for the chicks. But game bird feed is just too expensive and I haven't found a breeder feed either.

thanks everyone for the answers! i'm interested in the laying feed since that is a bit cheaper than the game bird. especially considering how much the turkeys waste by knocking it all out of the feeders.

I heard that you are never supposed to feed them chick starter or layer because it is medicated? Is that not true? I dont remember where I heard that . Or is that just for ducks? I feed my turkeys meat builder feed. It says for turkeys. I tried to feed them corn first, but they wouldnt eat it so I bought the meat builder.

Poults up to 10 weeks get 28% after that they get 16% to 20% layer ration that is on heritage types. The BB get 22% whole life (which is much shorter unfortunately).

Back
Top Bottom