What do you feed?

Right now I'm feeding nothing but Rock-N-Rooster Growth Booster pellets (20% protein) because it's cheap ($13 for 50 pounds at our Southern States store). Before that I was mixing it 50/50 with the Rock-N-Rooster 5 grain scratch, which has a lot of good stuff in it and popcorn instead of cracked corn, which is a major plus. But that's $15-something a bag and this past trip I just couldn't do it. And before that, when we could actually afford it, I fed Brown's pigeon feed. Usually Conditioner, Breeder, or Developer with popcorn depending on what was in stock and the time of year (also what we could afford). Those are like $20-$24 or something like that. The guy who sells it is too far to drive now so that's why I no longer feed it. I definitely would if I could!

I am feeding a pellet pigeon feed from Purina. Tried it when the pigeons were wasting a lot of the pre-mix. No waste at all and they seem to be doing just as well if not better.

garden goats, how long does that last you and for how many pigeons? I'm looking for a new pigeon feed but I'm kind of leary of spending $20 a bag for pigeon feed. I was almost wondering if I could mix it with other grain to cheapen it. I'm only going to be feeding 8 fancies plus any babies they give me but I don't want to feed what I was before because it had cracked corn and hurt the baby making part tremendously.

I feed whole corn and a17% duck breeder pellet. at this time when not breeding they get 75% corn and 25% pellets. when feeding young( Mar-June) they get a 50%-50% mix. I have fed this mix for 30+ years with very good results raising young and winning in shows or races.

Back
Top Bottom