What do you keep your peafowl in?

Ok, I think I might have some saved away cash to start right away!!!!
ya.gif
MinxFow what type of netting wire did you use for the top of your aviary? Have you ever had any problems with it?

Well first it depends on if you get snow in your area. I don't think the netting I have would work with snow...

You see there is the netting that allows snow to fall through and the netting that accumulates snow that then weighs it down. I use netting from e-bay. It was cheep but it has a few tears in it. When using posts to hold up the netting, make sure you have something on top of the posts to keep it from rubbing the netting causing it to tear...That is what we messed up with.
wink.png

MinxFox heres my situation...

I dont have alot of money to be able to cover it with wire or tin.
lol.png
Who does these days? It has never snowed more than 5 inches in my lifetime at once, and the most snow we get a year is 2 falls, and it usually last 1 (ground covered) - 5 (patches) days. In the summer it is very hot and humid, probably like Florida. Do you think I could pull off the wire, and what exact kind should I buy?

Umm I am not totally sure...My dad did most of the searching for the right kind of wire...The prices were too high around here so he went to Alabama to get wire. I would just go for welded wire if you can for the fence then chicken wire for the top. I have seen some good cheep peacock pens made like that and they look great. You could even use chicken wire for the sides too maybe. We never got any wire from Lowe's because it was more expensive than the stuff you can get at small businesses.

This is similar to the netting we got except ours is 50x40 ft netting. I couldn't find the larger netting on ebay but here is one 25x50ft.
http://cgi.ebay.com/New-25-X-50-Net...ultDomain_0&hash=item35b067bd29#ht_1118wt_698

Quote:
Oh, I will. I have been looking for the color barnyard red. As soon as I narrow that down, it will be time to paint. I have been collecting other decorations to hang inside and outside fo the aviary. I will make sure to let you know when I have completed it. Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom