What do you like/dislike about Game Chickens

Quote:
I think the bad rap he is talking about is the misconceptions people have about these birds from listening to the propaganda spewed from certain places, without ever even seeing one of these beautiful birds in person, or taking the time to talk to someone who owns them to find the truth before forming a opinion on them. JMO

OK so we're talking about American games
hu.gif
? I am really slow but I think I am on track now. And since sumatras were bred for fighting doesn't that make them a game breed?

Quote:
I think the bad rap he is talking about is the misconceptions people have about these birds from listening to the propaganda spewed from certain places, without ever even seeing one of these beautiful birds in person, or taking the time to talk to someone who owns them to find the truth before forming a opinion on them. JMO

Ok, I'll ask again, what misconceptions?

i have oeg standards snd absolutley LOVE them!!! They are very nasty but thats what i love!! A little spunk and somethings to make you laugh, like when a roo chases a dog, now thats a site.

Quote:
That's funny..my Bruners, kelso's and hatch lay every day like clockwork..these fowl are not "egglayers"..yet i've never had a problem with them spitting out eggs everyday.

interesting that you think that they lay as well as production egg layers. Mine never did. We'd get 4-5 eggs per week per hen during spring/summer but they slowed down in fall and stopped in winter. Ours would never have been confused w/a leghorn on production.

Meat taste was definetly different altho we never noticed an egg taste difference between them and other breeds altho ours all free ranged.

My FIL has them and they are some broody egg laying machines. His hens are crosses and they lay huge white eggs. I think they rank right up there with leghorns as far as production.

He took one of my Delaware roos and is crossing them. They make interesting looking chickens that hopefully with have the broodiness of the games with the personality of the Delawares.

Quote:

Ok, I'll ask again, what misconceptions?

I would be glad to discuss this, but not on this forum, as they prefer we don't. You can reach me HERE to find out more about these wonderful birds though. Thanks.

I am with CUDA on this...I could further discuss misconceptions here, but I wouldn't be a member here much longer if I did. We'll just say "what beautiful birds they are" and leave it at that then....
big_smile.png
..LOL...

So the hens are friendly??? My grandfather had a small partridge bantam hen that my mom would LOVE for me to find a similar bird to add to my flock. She was clean legged and VERY smart and fearless. I assume she was a game. Can anyone point me in the direction of where I could find such a little bird? It would make my mom so happy! Henrietta the second
wink.png

I have Delaware Blue hens . They are not yet a recognized breed, but getting there. They are considered game birds. They are the friendliest birds out in my pen! I go in and am immidiatly covered in them! The oldest pullet will try to fly out of the pen just to come see me! I am new to them, but what I love are their legs!!! My orps are so fluffy you barely see any legs, but the Del Blues are so tall and leggy!!! Their head shape is beautiful!!

Back
Top Bottom