What do you make? Handcrafted / Handmade / Made with Love

Pics
Best tutorial I've ever found!!!! :love I need to find more crystal beads now. lol

2-8-21 (6).JPG

This is my project right now. Since I'm laid off for the winter, I'm building my stockpile of saddles up for next year. This year was hard, working then coming home and making saddles all evening. I'm hoping to get ahead this time finally. Then again, every year that I think that, I never have enough. There's about 230 saddles worth of fabric in this stack... almost half of what I sold just in this size this year! It's going to be a busy winter!

View attachment 2406153

Then a couple weeks ago I got a request for a silkie sweater. It took a lot of trial and error but this was the result. The silkie in the picture is not mine. She was the one that it was made for. It ended up being a little bit big (my model apparently was chunkier) but they said they want to fatten her up anyway lol.

View attachment 2406164View attachment 2406165View attachment 2406166

I just got a request for a BIG sweater... for a broad breasted turkey! That should be fun and interesting! I'll be busy for the rest of the week for sure! They said they don't have a color preference... what color do you all think would look good on her? This is her. I made the belly guard that she's wearing in the picture so I have an idea already on sizing, I'm just not sure what color.

View attachment 2406167
Wow, how do you make those saddles? I have always wanted to make one for one of my girls but couldn't figure out how.

Wow, how do you make those saddles? I have always wanted to make one for one of my girls but couldn't figure out how.

Lol, it took a lot of trial and error. I've been doing this for a few years now so I have it pretty much down now. Originally, I bought a few from someone when I needed them and from there, I looked at it and tried to figure out how to make my own. That's actually when I learned how to use the sewing machine that was collecting dust in my closet. Then I improved on it to make it stronger. Send me a pm sometime and I'll try to walk you through it :)

Back
Top Bottom