What do you make? Handcrafted / Handmade / Made with Love

Pics
I used to knit but not much anymore! Maybe some time I will get back to it. I did scarves and a few baby blankets. My daughter received mittens that had a snowflake pattern on it in her favorite color blue when little. Not doing much these days. I wanted to get into infinity scarves and socks but so far not my thing. I also started hen sweaters. This should be the year right since social distancing and home more but just not into it yet again. I find I take breaks. I also like sketching. Last year I did bunny sketches in charcoal for the house for Easter decorations and used my father's old art supplies and mine. My father passed many years ago and received his art supplies from my mother. We seem to be the only ones with a talent for art and I have added to the collection. It takes me a long time to get motivated I find. :caf :pop:frow:) My knitting needles are mine, my mother's, and my grandmother's combined. I miss my granny. She did crochet and mostly house blankets and afghans for others as gifts. Sweet lady! I do not crocket like her and my mother did. Arts to pass on but I find the new generation may not think its cool to do needle work. I used to cross stitch but most of that went in yard sales over the years. My style has changed and matured.

I used to knit but not much anymore! Maybe some time I will get back to it. I did scarves and a few baby blankets. My daughter received mittens that had a snowflake pattern on it in her favorite color blue when little. Not doing much these days. I wanted to get into infinity scarves and socks but so far not my thing. I also started hen sweaters. This should be the year right since social distancing and home more but just not into it yet again. I find I take breaks. I also like sketching. Last year I did bunny sketches in charcoal for the house for Easter decorations and used my father's old art supplies and mine. My father passed many years ago and received his art supplies from my mother. We seem to be the only ones with a talent for art and I have added to the collection. It takes me a long time to get motivated I find. :caf :pop:frow:) My knitting needles are mine, my mother's, and my grandmother's combined. I miss my granny. She did crochet and mostly house blankets and afghans for others as gifts. Sweet lady! I do not crocket like her and my mother did. Arts to pass on but I find the new generation may not think its cool to do needle work. I used to cross stitch but most of that went in yard sales over the years. My style has changed and matured.

That's really nice that you acquired your families art supplies and knitting needles! I personally love crocheting but I too take breaks from everything, mostly because I have collapsed discs in my neck and if I do any one thing for too long it gets aggravated so I tend to rotate my hobbies A LOT. It has made for many many hobbies for me though, lol. As far as the younger generation, my daughter loves to sew, she's better than I am now, but she hasn't shown any interest in crochet mostly because there isn't anything she wants that is crocheted, lol. When she wants something she will learn a new craft really quickly but I guess she needs that little extra motivation as well.

My new thing is clay. Haha.
Yet another new thing added in. It does go along well with my love for making jewelry. So far I’ve made some charms and tried out making a feather cane.
99A6A51B-4A70-4E5C-A5E4-DFF2649630C9.png
0122329D-C6CE-4C6E-A430-8285488E2089.png

Back
Top Bottom