What do you make? Handcrafted / Handmade / Made with Love

Pics
Nice job Dad! I remember when I had to recruit my mother to help with a book report project. I even convinced her to read the book and give me the breakdown because I had so many projects to complete. :lau I think it was 6th grade??? My daughter has no idea how fortunate she is to be homeschooling. Lol
My mother basically held my hand through a research paper in high school. I would have never finished otherwise. She even typed it for me, back on the manual typewriter.

I do a lot of crafts but don’t have many pictures.
My first needle lace my own pattern, its not quite done yet
F5C707B1-6063-4F25-A1D1-76CB73B5D18A.jpeg

My dog helping me cut out fabric for a ice cream machine cover, I will post pictures when its done
1CC6E9CA-AD02-412C-A5F5-A891E84D3D5A.jpeg

I want to make plushies but I can’t work out how to make my own patterns. I also would really like to make animal art dolls but I am bad at sculpting :(

I do a lot of crafts but don’t have many pictures.
My first needle lace my own pattern, its not quite done yet
View attachment 2847243
My dog helping me cut out fabric for a ice cream machine cover, I will post pictures when its done
View attachment 2847244
I want to make plushies but I can’t work out how to make my own patterns. I also would really like to make animal art dolls but I am bad at sculpting :(

Aww, that's the cutest little fluffy helper!
I've seen "soft sculpture" where they build wire armatures and the body is actually made of sewn fabrics. It looks incredibly difficult to me but since you sew maybe that would be easier than sculpting with clay! :)
I've also had fun with the crochet amigurumi plushies if you know how to crochet. Those are easier than others I feel.

Aww, that's the cutest little fluffy helper!
Thank you!
I've seen "soft sculpture" where they build wire armatures and the body is actually made of sewn fabrics. It looks incredibly difficult to me but since you sew maybe that would be easier than sculpting with clay! :)
Hmmm, I thought the head was still made out of clay, I will have to look in to it more! I was thinking about trying to needle felt the head
I've also had fun with the crochet amigurumi plushies if you know how to crochet. Those are easier than others I feel.
I have done amigurumi, I really want to make my own patterns for the plushies I think I will run in too the same problem whether it’s crocheting or not :hmm

Thank you for the suggestions!

I feel like there's been a crafting boom since the pandemic hit! I do faux floral arrangements for weddings since the pandemic hit for friends and family since for awhile there it was hard to get access to well anything. I've also been doing some wreaths and paintings for fun.
View attachment 2848263
View attachment 2848262
View attachment 2848256
View attachment 2848254
View attachment 2848265

Wow!!! Those are stunning!! 🌻🌹🌷🌺🌼🌸

You know, I've always been crafty and a germaphobe, so for me it just felt like suddenly everyone else agrees with me. :lau :lau :lau
I was upset for a little while when I couldn't find my favorite brand of hand soap since the rest of the world suddenly started washing their hands too. Hahaha!

Back
Top Bottom