What do you put in your Run?

I have roosts, two step ladders (they love those), a couple of stumps, multiple feeders/waterers, and potted bamboo. I switch the pots out when they've picked them clean. They grow so fast, I end up rotating them out every couple of weeks. My flock also gets foraging time every day in the chicken yard.

I like the idea of hanging strawberry plants. I do hang treats for them every once in a while.

Thanks for all the help y'all! I don't know much about chickens, I'm a duck person, but y'all have helped me learn a lot about them.

The chickens will free range in a large fenced area with ducks. They'll stay in their coop and run when they aren't free roaming. The run will have a roof too.
I'm fine with rotating plants that they eat too. I'm going to spoil them

I've been looking for some chicken run ideas but I can't seem to find any ideas for the inside. I was thinking maybe some plants (like Mexican feather grass) and some roosts but I'm new to chickens so I don't know a whole lot yet.
Feel free to share pictures and any ideas you have
I had great luck finding "chicken jungle gym ideas", by Googling that phrase. so many great ideas that stimulate their minds and excersise their bodies. :)

Their chickens, don't over think it.

Several roosts (a 2" or 3" think tree branch works great) in different locations, a good deep layer of material on the run floor to dig/scratch in, really good supply of water and food, something to sit under or have a tarp/roofing over the run to provide shelter and safety, and a few obstacles like cement blocks for them to be able to use to get away from another chicken if they've got a cricket they're all fighting for.
its equally important to stimulate their minds.

Some pics😊 but keep in mind I open them up to free range everyday unless it’s storming... very basic but they are happy and lay eggs: the small cage is were my rooster goes if he won’t give the girls a break or if we need to isolate a hen. The medium coop and run is were we can breed certain hens and the large is were most all the flock stays at night 🌹
FF7F983D-244B-4339-841D-6CD99C6D85C8.jpeg
BDB3C43C-776F-435E-A886-E5823336660F.jpeg
6DB992E4-32A5-4312-B4CE-F8D26EEFBDA4.jpeg
C060965A-386D-4F00-945B-BE6F8F063C8F.jpeg

38B0C32E-F46B-4903-8EA3-65E7DF7427AC.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom