What do you think happened??

Annalyse

Crowing
Mar 24, 2020
New Jersey
This morning I was doing my routine and then noticed black stuff on the back if her comb. I'm guessing dried blood but her comb looks werid like its flatter. At first I thought frostbite but then never even saw frostbite on her before so idk. It looks minor to me and shell be fine, I just want to figure out what happened.

If you look very closely at the flat part of her comb you can see the black stuff (dried blood?)

Attachments

• 20210218_075353.jpg
    20210218_075353.jpg
    382.6 KB · Views: 8
  • 20210218_075357.jpg
    20210218_075357.jpg
    407.7 KB · Views: 6
To me that doesn’t really look like frostbite. Maybe she got into a scuffle with another bird? Did you try wiping it off?

edit: I’ve only seen frostbite on the top of the comb- not the back like that.

To me that doesn’t really look like frostbite. Maybe she got into a scuffle with another bird? Did you try wiping it off?

edit: I’ve only seen frostbite on the top of the comb- not the back like that.
That's what I figured because I knew frostbite didnt look like that. I've never really noticed if before this if she had a flat back. If she did get into a scuffle it might have been from my BO because shes always talking my buffs roosting spot and my BO kicks everyone out of her spot.

Well, he might have tried.
Is she missing any comb back there?
Maybe compare to older pics?
I can try and find other pics but I just noticed my rooster has a tiny spot of blood on his head feathers under where his comb sits on his head. I checked it and doesn't seem like he hurt himself looks like he somehow got blood on him maybe from his comb. this doesn't relate to my Plymouth but idk.

Back
Top Bottom