What do you think of my Blue Wyandottes?

HuskerHens18

Crowing
Mar 11, 2018
Chickenlandia
20180518_143827.jpg
20180518_143754.jpg
20180518_143752.jpg
20180313_155051.jpg
20180313_154250.jpg

Aren't these show quality Blue Wyandottes? NOT.

Not only are they NOT BLUE, they're not even Wyandottes!!! I ordered them online and these are what arrived... so what are they? My first thought is Cochins. What colors are they? I am very curious and might want more actually. I can provide more pictures as needed. :) (first two are same hen)

They don't look fluffy enough for cochins. I'm not sure what breed they are.
I got them from a hatchery last year, they are a very hardy breed that seems to get along well with others. Then again, maybe they aren't a breed. Part of me wonders if my order got mixed up with someone's else's.. but the box said Blue Wyandottes when it arrived, so I'm quite stumped :/

I got them from a hatchery last year, they are a very hardy breed that seems to get along well with others. Then again, maybe they aren't a breed. Part of me wonders if my order got mixed up with someone's else's.. but the box said Blue Wyandottes when it arrived, so I'm quite stumped :/
I don't know enough chicken breeds to help. Just ones I've dealt with. I have cochins and they are little balls of fluffy feathers. Mine are bantam, but I think the full sized ones are still very feathery and rounded in shape. I'd think since they came from a hatchery, they'd be pure breed something. I hope someone recognizes them.

What hatchery was it? Can you look at their breeds and find ones that look like yours?
Okay I googled Welp Hatchery's catalog and I found a Gold Laced Giant Cochin that looks somewhat similar to that last picture. They also have a Partridge Cochin that resembles the fourth image.

But I agree with you, they seem a lot fluffier than what I currently have. How old were yours when they got to their peak fluffiness? Mine are a year old exact.

Okay I googled Welp Hatchery's catalog and I found a Gold Laced Giant Cochin that looks somewhat similar to that last picture. They also have a Partridge Cochin that resembles the fourth image.

But I agree with you, they seem a lot fluffier than what I currently have. How old were yours when they got to their peak fluffiness? Mine are a year old exact.

They looked pretty round when they got their feathers in. I sold the smooth feathered ones and only kept two frizzled cochins or I'd show you a pic. Maybe I can find an old pic. Even with the frizzled, you can see the roundness. But I got mine from a breeder, not a hatchery, so I don't know if that makes a difference.

Back
Top Bottom