What do you think of my frizzle chicks??

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Hooterville, Oct 16, 2008.

1. Hooterville

Hooterville Chillin' With My Peeps

Hi all--wanted to see what you think of my frizzles I hatched from Dipsey's eggs. I think they are cuties! I also wonder what's up with the one in the first picture who seems like he/she will never get any real feathers!! Any ideas on sexes??

[​IMG]

Here's 2 pics of Bluebell
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 pics of Rusty--the pic doesn't do Rusty justice--he/she blends in with pine shavings!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is Rusty and Blackie
    [​IMG]

I am leaning towards all roos except maybe Blackie and Bluebell.
    What do you think?

Thanks for looking!

2. NU CHICKS

NU CHICKS Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2008
    Wyoming
    Very Cute!!!

3. mrsengeseth

mrsengeseth Chillin' With My Peeps

Rusty is dreamy!!! [​IMG]

But they are all adorable.

4. Hooterville

I have to admit, Rusty has a special place in my heart! He/she's a keeper no matter what! [​IMG]

5. swtangel321

swtangel321 ~Crazy Egg Lady~

Jul 11, 2008
    Cuties !!!!!! The one with no feathers yet looks silly !!!!! I have no clue why !!! They are all the same age right ???? Hmmmm, are they outside or still inside ????

6. Hooterville

They all hatched on Sept. 19th. They'll be 4 weeks old tomorrow. They are still inside in a big box with their light. I am now leaving it off during the day--or at least I was since it has been unusually warm here. (in the upper 70s-low 80s).

Today it has been colder and is expected to stay that way through the weekend. We don't have a furnace and just use a wood stove but we won't start it up for a while yet. I'll be leaving them in with the light for a while longer.

I don't know why that little fellow is running around all nekid! He/she seems fine, just doesn't seen to want to grow any feathers! DBF is wanting me to crochet a little sweater!

Last edited: Oct 16, 2008
  7. swtangel321

Jul 11, 2008
    Quote:There yah go make him/her a little sweater !!!! I guess as long as he/she seems fine and eats,drinks,poops I wouldnt worry to much...

8. Hooterville

Hee-hee, I was actually thinking of cutting up a sock and making him a little sweater! [​IMG]

He does everything like he should, just likes doing it nekid!

9. swtangel321

Jul 11, 2008
    I think SHE just likes to be nekid !!!!!! Must be cold to be nekid all the time, LOL !!!!!! Well, at least you know she would make a good striper !!!!

10. mainchick

mainchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2008
    Southern CA
    oohhh! so cute nice and curly!! did you see my new babies? Iposted pictures of them too. I have seen a frizzle that was the offspring of a cross between two frizzles. It was almost completely naked!! It had maybe 10 feathers on it's whole body. it looked like a living roasted chicken!! It was so ugly it was cute.
    I hope my babies turn out as curly as yours!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by