What do you think of the new BYC platform?

What do you think of the new BYC platform?

• Love it

Votes: 44 21.8%
  • Like it

Votes: 33 16.3%
  • 50-50 Love-Hate

Votes: 44 21.8%
  • Hate it

Votes: 81 40.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if Nifty had any idea how popular the auctions were.

I'm hoping it can be changed.

If your screen is showing that this forum is TOO WHITE then you need to adjust the brightness and contrast on YOUR MONITOR. The white levels are the same from the old site, you probably haven't fiddled with the buttons on your monitor in ages.

Then explain to me why it wasn't necessary with the old platform. This one is not easy on the eyes, especially on the home page. Reading within topics with the gray background does make it a lot easier to read.

I don't do the auctions so that's a problem for me like it is for others. I'm trying to have an open mind but to be truthful...if the site reverted back 48 hours I'd love it! Just do not care for the new look and it's not nearly as easy to navigate!

Give me a week and then I'll cast my official vote.

Chickencrossing.org looks promising. The navigation isn't as good as this site used to be but the site seems to be for everyone.

I really don't need to wait a couple weeks before giving my opinion of the new format, because I was playing around with it when it was "the sandbox".

Quote:

Thank you.

Some web sites out there have the option to decrease the bright white and choose something easier to the user eyes.

As I've said, the dimmer doesn't do a whole lot of good and I get tired of having to adjust the brightness/dimness when going from this web site to another.

New is not necessarily better. My first impressions are; It's way to bright and busy. Loads too slow, isn't it a shame to lose members just cause they have dial-up. The ads and recent reviews are too large and distracting. I miss chicken of the week. All that being said, I'm flexible and can adjust, but I really don't like it. The other was easier on the eyes, less complicated and open to all.
caf.gif

I hate it right now! Not very user friendly and takes an extra step to get there. I don't need those "Facebook" thread scrolling on the right, nor the ads and who is watching the threads. If the BYC would have kept the SAME format layout, it was simple (remember that quote "Keep it simple, Stupid!"?) and easy on the eyes. For the first time I had to wear my reading glasses and be able to nagivate around here. Too busy with small and smaller prints.

Do we need a "pedigree" of the posts? BYC then Forum then BYC Website and Feedback and then What do you think of the new BYC platform? Call that a big waste of space! Then on the column on the right, here we go again Home Back to Forum, next thread, etc. We already got one on top of this page! Do we really need three of those things around on this page? Surely not.

The posts that our friends made are looking good, nice contract to the posts.

For those who are not paying memberships can not use the "block" ads, it really isn't fair to newbies or anyone else that don't get that treatment.

Keep it simple!

Is there some where I can change my poll to "hate it" because I'm logging out and probably won't be back.

I've been a member since just after it came on line, I don't post a ton but I do read a lot. This format has made it too difficult to go directly to what it is I've posted to in the past. The font appears smaller, which is harder on older eyes, I don't want to waste time clicking on all of these different functions to get to where I want to be.

Sorry, the change might have been needed but there's just too much foo foo on this site to make it comfortable to stick around.

Definately too bright. I can't really even type this without squinting and getting the start of a headache. Not too sure about anything else, I can't stay on long enough to get a feel for the site due to the overly bright white.
hmm.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom