What do you think of this coop-tractor? And will I be able to move it?

Quote:
Thanks. I have no clue where to put the handle. I figure the wheels should be out the back so they don't get in the way. Even though the front is taller, it won't be too much heavier...

Also, Elmo, I meant to say I love all your runs and coops. You've done a great job
smile.png

Quote:
Thanks. I have no clue where to put the handle. I figure the wheels should be out the back so they don't get in the way. Even though the front is taller, it won't be too much heavier...

Also, Elmo, I meant to say I love all your runs and coops. You've done a great job
smile.png

Your strength/leverage requirements will go up the bigger/heavier you make it. Ours is a simple board off the front at about half height but it's stout. It also serves to hold our door open during the day.

On the weight I was just meaning for a tractor something a few feet tall is adequate and on yours it's 6 ft+.

Really sounds like you have to hash out your coop/tractor/run/moving issues and make it all work together! Plan, plan, plan....

Since ur moving so much u might want to consider something simple like a dog house that can be converted. They are light weight , insulated and predator proof once u seal the door. Check my BYC page. Good luck have fun and
welcome-byc.gif

Oh, yes, I didn't even think of having the handle extend off the coop- but I've seen pictures.

The run-tractor will be about 3' tall, which seems a good height overall. I'd like the coop-tractor to be something I can walk inside of, even if I have to stoop most the time. Maybe I'm trying for too much
smile.png

And yes, planning is so important. I've drawn and redrawn designs so many times.

BW- A dog house might be a good idea. I will have some time before I have full grown chickens. The run on your page looks nice and I like the price breakdown
smile.png
Do you have pics of your coop too?

Cheers!

Oh, oh, a handle that angles off the front and doubles as a planter holder.
lol.png
I'm so bad, worrying about fashion with my function. But simply take the planter off and place aside, move the coop, and return the planter! At least the neighbors couldn't complain so much (though I don't think they are at all the complaining type!)

tongue.png

Quote:
Maybe, maybe not. If you're going to have a stationary coop that you can re-assemble elsewhere along with a mobile tractor/run, should work.

If you're wanting to be able to easily move everything (like a tractor) or want a combo coop/tractor, not so much.

I have been, as usual, thinking about this all day again
wink.png

I think step one will be to take 6 sheets of thin plywood (at Lowes), dump them on the (smooth) floor piled on top of each other, add some extra wood, and see how hard this is to drag
lol.png

If that works out pretty well, I can always build it and see. Who knows how big a monster you can move until you try.

Or I could build two smaller tractors, but that wouldn't be as foolish, I mean, fun.

Btw, should I have mentioned that the coop will detach from the tractor and be moved separately?

Either way- Lowes, plywood, drag 6 to 10 feet while people stare. Should be great
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom