What do you think of Tractor Supply’s new chick bins?

That’s a good point. I know a lot of times chicks linger there for 3 or 4 weeks. They might get too tall. Especially the ducklings and cornish crosses. They might have to pull the old troughs out after all.
Last year, the chicks barely stayed 3 days, even in October when they finally stopped selling them. If they had something you wanted, you had to buy it then and there cause it might not even be there in a few hours

Really? I checked like two days ago and couldn't find anything besides a chick search and their heatpad
I found this, but when I clicked on it, it wasn’t there. :idunno
C2BF6108-7301-48F8-AE25-A7AD89FAA8C5.png

Haven't been to TSC in quite a while but I saw what looked like these at our feed store the other day. I didn't like them. Theirs were also huddled and it made them hard to see. But I don't like chicks on wire. Coated or not.
I liked the stock tanks better but ours were always clean.

My local TSC had chicks today. They looked happy and healthy, running around, eating, drinking. I also found out where they get their chicks, so I can look for when specific breeds are available.
Does your TS get them from just one hatchery?
All 3 of the TS near me get them from several different hatcheries. They get them from Ideal, Privett, and Hoover's. The Atwoods here gets theirs from Ideal, which makes sense because they are the nearest hatchery.

Back
Top Bottom