What do you think of Tractor Supply’s new chick bins?

I love the new brooders at Tractor Supply. I dealt with similar contraptions at school. I believe they were Strombergs and were easy to operate, easy to clean, and easy to assemble. It will be interesting to see how these brooders work out for TSC as they are not a replacement for human care.

I love the new brooders at Tractor Supply. I dealt with similar contraptions at school. I believe they were Strombergs and were easy to operate, easy to clean, and easy to assemble. It will be interesting to see how these brooders work out for TSC as they are not a replacement for human care.
I think it will be easier for employees to feed and water since they don't have to go into a pen to feed and water

I just left my tractor supply they have the big clear brooders and general consensus of the employees are they absolutely hate it. The warmers are to high no way to lower them. They said they came in this morning half the chick's had died during the night. I saw some bantams that were so packed in together trying to stay warm the middle one will probably suffocate. They also said getting them clean is a pain. They called corporate to get them removed and go back to the simple metal bins.

I too just left a TSC in Westboro MA and they don't like them. I think it is just new for them. They said the chicks can't find the food or water.... ummmm, just dip one or 2 chicks beaks in and they all will find it... duh.
WAY nicer !

Pics from there just for cuteness !

IMG_20210226_160302158[1].jpg

Went to TSC today large fowl chicks were eating, drinking, and content under the heating elements. The one pen of bantams was not warm enough.
Oh no! Now I'll have to go back and take a look at the bantam bin. I just say a picture that someone posted on fb. It showed bantams in the new brooders and they had pasty butt. Sad 😪

Not here. They are frequently all sold on the day they arrive at the store.
I’ve seen it go both ways at my two nearest Tractor Supply’s. In the beginning of the pandemic last year, the chicks were getting snapped up as soon as they hit the stores. Then they extended chick days to all summer, and things leveled off after a while. But I have often seen ducks and broilers languishing there and getting quite big. Then the manager marks them super cheap and someone will buy them all.
Do they also sell goslings and turkey poults there?
I have never seen turkeys at a Tractor Supply, but someone told me they got Brown Chinese goslings in last year. I called to see if they still had any, but they were sold out. Rural King seems to get turkeys regularly.
I just left my tractor supply they have the big clear brooders and general consensus of the employees are they absolutely hate it. The warmers are to high no way to lower them. They said they came in this morning half the chick's had died during the night. I saw some bantams that were so packed in together trying to stay warm the middle one will probably suffocate. They also said getting them clean is a pain. They called corporate to get them removed and go back to the simple metal bins.
These are some of the points I was wondering about.
View attachment 2546815View attachment 2546817
In stock at our local TS. The chicks looked very healthy and active.
I might have to see if any of my local ones have them in stock. I wonder if any of the drawbacks would fare better in a home setting than a store.

Back
Top Bottom