what do you think to this?

Looks nice but how big and how many chickens do you want or have? The great thing about having backyard chickens is you can build whatever your heart desires. We live in the country and I'm building a coop in the corner of building--previous owner had an RV--that is tall and secure. I'll cut a pop door to the outside run. Nothing fancy and plan to have 15--18 chickens. Using lumber that was left so that helps in cost. Others on these pages have coops that are gorgeous. Again just sit down and draw up a plan, throw it away, try again until you get what you want.
i have 4 hens and a cockerel. that coop is 5ft x 5ft x 4ft with 2 floors

i agree its a nice modern coop if i was going to use the design i put a row of windows all the way around the coop it will add more light but still keep the look
was planing on using a clear bowl in the middle of the roof to let light in. and think it will need some more air passing though

Just a thought - if you're going to keep the green roof concept, drainage will need to be addressed. The article didn't mention drainage and it appears that it would flood in a good rainstorm if it didn't have it.

awesome idea drainage would be a simple thing just slant it slightly and cut a whole on the down hill side the dirt will hold the water it needs and the rest will leave the box im wondering how he reinforced it the aritcle didnt say cause that could possibly be alot of weight and he had no center poles for support inside the coop .....im guessing he used solid good wood on edge which is very strong

work started today so heres few pics

IMG_0933.jpg

IMG_0945.jpg

IMG_0946.jpg

well the build has been on hold due to weather and work. but hoping to get a fair bit done this weekend. as hens are getting big a think more pace is needed

Back
Top Bottom