What do you think? **update**

wow. that is so scary!!! I hope you can get rid of the animal because it sounds so dangerous not just for your chickens but for your family as well.

That IS scary! *eyes in a corn field* sounds like something out of Stephen King!
ep.gif
Cue the scary music........

Best of luck with varmint control and I hope you get it soon!

Hmmm... I also wouldn't rule out a cougar. We live near Gig Harbor and I have seen a lot of wildlife here, too. The yellow makes me think Cougar, Bobcat, maybe a coyote with the right lighting. Where you live it could easily be a Cougar. Watch your kids and get out the rifle. That is bold behavior and I would question the health/sanity of the animal, although a free range chicken dinner is hard to pass up!

Quote:
It didnt show up lastnight
roll.png
I'm going to check the cornfield today and see if maybe we hit it the othernight and it ran off a little ways before it dropped. My boss is letting us borrow his shot gun & "special" ammo. He says as long as we can get within 50 yards and just aim in the general direction we will get it!
lol.png

The scariest part of this whole story is shooting at "something" in the dark that you can't see or identify. BIG MISTAKE. ID your target (other than eyes), or don't freaking shoot!

You are setting yourself up for a mishap (read disaster) that no amount of dumb chickens will be worth.

I agree with will hunt for food, but in much kinder wording. Just be careful, dont shoot at an unidentified target. Keep your kids safe, cougars, especially one that might be ill, WILL take you kids. I wouldnt want to be in your shoes and am wishing you the best of luck in this scary/creepy situation!

When it comes to gun safety, I do not sugar coat the consequences of poor gun handling. I can be the next victim of a careless mistake.

My son started to deer hunt with me (with his own rifle) when he was 9. I trust him more than many adults I have seen with firearms.

I will not comment on this anymore.

Last edited:
ANd once again I agree with you. I was raised hunting, knew more about guns when I was 5 than barbies. BUT in a message board area where we cant read people's body language or hear the tone of their voice its better to be a little diplomatic in our wording to not offend those who might be more sensitive. I 100% agree that shooting into the dark at an unidientified target is a big mistake and could lead to a cascade of consequences we dont want to fathom, but a kind answer turneth away wrath.

Quote:
My grandmother once unloaded both barrels of a shotgun into what she swore was a bear out by her pig pens. In the morning we discovered she blown both reflectors and most the seat off my grandfathers brand new riding mower. Apparently bears have big red eyes and never blink.

We took the firing pins out of grandmas shotgun.

OMG thats great! Good thing it wasnt a hobo or a neighborhood kid lumbering around that she thought was a bear! Yeah I bet Grandpa agrees to never shoot at something in the dark, it might be your tractor!

Back
Top Bottom