What do you think? **update**

I'm in Pacific NW where a kid and his brother were dropped off by their grandpa to go bear hunting alone.

The kid took a shot at what he thought was a black bear and hit the head of a woman out hiking with a friend. She had bent over to pick up her backpack after putting on a jacket.

Tragic and life changing for all involved.

You don't go shooting at shiny eye balls, movement, or rustling in the bushes.

http://www.theolympian.com/news/story/547336.html

Last edited:
Quote:
Guess I should have added that he got within 20 feet of it (and it wasnt backing down), saw it was a cat, and then backed off to get his rifle. We KNEW it was a wild cat, just not exactly WHAT species.

Last edited:
Quote:
I dont feel its fair for you to jump to conclusions and imply that my husband is not a safe gun handler. He knew it was a wild animal, he got close enough to see it was a cat. And this isnt a little corn field we are talking about, so there is no risk of shooting through the field, the closest house behind us is well over a mile away. And if someone wants to go sneeking through the corn at 11:30 at night, they are sneeking at their own risk!

Last edited:
But please tell hubby that this time he was lucky. If he had to backtrack to get the rifle he could have been prey. Always carry the firearm with you and if you are dealing with a large cat such as a cougar a pistol on the side, just in case, would be a wise move.

At close range even a .22 semi-auto with a big clip could make the difference between going home or not.

Back
Top Bottom