What do you use to attach chicken wire to the run?

Hello...we use a staple gun--the kind that hooks up to a air compressor.
smile.png
It keeps them nice and safe in there.

The problem with using plastic ties is that once they bake in the sun and become brittle they snap. Or the slightest pressure and they break, so as far as secure they are NOT for any length of time or longevity.

Good luck

Yea I use the ties too. I keep an eye on them as they do get brittle. That is how I learned a Horned Owl got in my coop, a few of the ties had broken.

This time around I'm cutting wire and tying the chicken wire off.

I'm in the process of adding on.

1100 Springs Yes sir I have heard of them!

I'm gonna pm you a link.

Quote:
It IS hard!! LOL

My run is 6' tall. (I am 5'5") I stood on a cinder block--kicking it over as I worked my way around. I was working over my head. But using the hammer was much easier for me than using a staple gun would have been in that position.

If you have the proper tools (a good quality staple gun and a ladder, for example) you may do much better doing a different way. I'm a make-do type, though. I couldn't see buying an $80 ladder when I had a perfectly good concrete block laying around! :p

Though I know people who will buy a $500 tool to build a device that's going to save them $20. (shrug)

pscht. Look! Poultry staples! (I thought it was only walmart)
http://www.redbrand.com/products/product.asp?category=Nails&subcat=8&productID=63

Cassandra

Last edited:
We used Nob-staples. They look like poultry staples but are thicker and a third of the price at the local hardware store. They're sold in the electrical department.

We also used the wire that the roll of cloth is wrapped in to connect the panels.

Back
Top Bottom