What do you wish you knew before getting peacocks?

Yes if it isn't there already. I would highly encourage people to stop trying to use Corid for cocci because of its ineffectiveness in peafowl and switch to Sulfadimethoxine.
Your fecals convinced me that Corid is probably not the best choice, but people will find it very difficult to sulfadimethoxine now that it's prescription only. :(

I bought a gallon of the liquid, and two packs of the powder before the new law went into effect.

Wish the color sticky had actual descriptions for each color, for chicks and adults. When I'm out somewhere and rushed would be nice to pull up a reference rather than go by my memory. Birds are often misidentified by sellers, sometimes innocently, could show them the correct color from an independent source so they don't think I'm trying to trick them.

That would be an excellent idea! Maybe you could also turn those charts about healthy peachicks into stickies as well. :)
I'm sorry if I broke the rules some how. I read the stickies, but I figured there might be some mistakes people had made that were typical to "green horns" that I could avoid.

Perhaps we should add a "medications" for peafowl to the stickies?

That would be an excellent idea! Maybe you could also turn those charts about healthy peachicks into stickies as well. :)
I'm sorry if I broke the rules some how. I read the stickies, but I figured there might be some mistakes people had made that were typical to "green horns" that I could avoid.
That is a very good point and it is difficult to know if the advice you receive is good or not. Case in point the three ml in a gal of water hype, well, it must be true I read it on the internet.

Back
Top Bottom