What do your dogs see chickens as?

No. We only hunt deer and in Ohio, it's illegal to hunt deer with a dog. If we hunted pheasants or something, then I would have trained him to hunt with me

Interesting, did not know that about deer. Is there any reason? Yeah, he'd be good on pheasants. Sounds like he's got the genes to back it up

Interesting, did not know that about deer. Is there any reason? Yeah, he'd be good on pheasants. Sounds like he's got the genes to back it up
Any reason for not hunting pheasant? Just not really interested in eating them so I won't hunt them. Not against it, just not that interested. I have plenty of meat in my freezer so I'll leave the pheasants alone

Any reason for not hunting pheasant? Just not really interested in eating them so I won't hunt them. Not against it, just not that interested. I have plenty of meat in my freezer so I'll leave the pheasants alone

No, any reason for it being illegal to hunt deer using dogs. The dogs are too efficient, and the population dwindles? The exact opposite?

No, any reason for it being illegal to hunt deer using dogs. The dogs are too efficient, and the population dwindles? The exact opposite?

I'm not sure the reason, let me find my hunting guide...
Ok, from this book...
IMG_20231213_153652679.jpg

It says this...
IMG_20231213_153556095.jpg

So not really an explanation, just that you can't. I know you can use a leashed dog to find a deer you shot but not to track or kill a live one

Back
Top Bottom