What does everyone do with the Poo?

yeah chicken cra-poopie is great fertalizer so i wouldnt worry about anything but ur plants overgrowing
big_smile.png
ugh i sound fifty!
sickbyc.gif
edit: spelt plants wrong.im not stupid its just i didnt hit the key hard enough.lol.ill stop wasting ur time homie.

Last edited:
Compost the poo.

Don't put it directly on the garden, it can be to "hot" for plants when it is fresh.

Also, running a good hot composter is a good sanitary measure.

I throw mine on the compost pile also. I have a sand run so most of the time there is very little to find. Between them scratching and the rain it kinda just disappears. The coop poop i put on the compost pile...im to lazy to take it straight to the garden.
lol.png

I gave my neighbors two wheelbarrows full of it with straw and they scattered it all over their newly-seeded lawn. That was two weeks ago and that grass is amazing!

When we clean out the coop DH brings the tractor up to where the bucket is right outside the door of the coop. I shovel the shavings into it and he hauls it off to one of the pastures. The gross part is that the cows follow him and the minute he dumps it, they gobble that used litter up like it's candy.
sickbyc.gif

I bought a large rubbermaid tub, and I trade tub fulls to my friends for things I want. I didn't have time to garden this year so I am trading some for some vegies to a friend who gardened.

I have another friend who is going to trade me some moose meat for some.

People go nuts for the stuff.

When I satisfy all the current orders...Craigslist.

Back
Top Bottom