What does my bby girl squinting her eyes mean?

daidyducks

Chirping
8 Years
Feb 24, 2011
Ontario,CA
I can't say forsure when it started but i first noticed my Pekin girl squinting her eyes constantly when her brother died
hmm.png

She does it often. Shell sometimes look at me and constantly squint her eyes at me. I don't know if it means she's tired or wants to sleep, but I just have a tiny bit feeling inside that tells me she's sad or hurt about something. It hurts me to think that she "cries" a little.

Does anyone have an idea of what this could mean?
Help is appreciated. Thanks
smile.png
)

She may be sad - ducks get attached. Does she have another duck friend? It might be good to get her some company.

It is also possible she's got some irritation in her eyes, so making sure she has some clean water to wash in (which you are probably already doing) is important. If she has an infection there are antibiotic drops available, I am told (don't have any - would love to find some just in case).

After Drei died, Zwei had that far away look for a few days. They were pretty close buddies.

Quote:
Yes I have a video but I will need to upload it tomorrow. (phone takes forever)

She has the clean water. Her eyes are good. And she has a drake, her partner. We got him after Saint Quat passed. This was over 2 months ago though
hmm.png
can she still be sad about it?

I had 2 Muscovy babies that gor eye infections from an older(new) duck grabbing their heads. I used Gentomycin eye drops that came from the Vet & they cleared up in a few days. I usually have a different kind i use but ran out and wasn't able to get to my Vet so these Gentomycin drops were from when our Cocker Spaniel X was going through eye surgery. I believe the ones i regularly use are terramycin? not for sure though but i do have to buy from the vet.

Quote:

My first guess is that she is not feeing well. How long since the male died? Has it been recently enough that she could have caught what he had?

The only time I've seen droopy eyelids on ducks, they were quite ill.

Back
Top Bottom