What does my hen have?

I agree with @nuthatched that a sting seems like a possible option if you don't see other injuries or marks on her. Is she breathing okay and able to drink water? If it is a bee sting, the biggest danger is her airway swelling shut. If she is able to breathe and drink (you may have to give her water with a dropper), I would leave her overnight. If she is having trouble breathing or is still very swollen in the morning, apparently chickens be given Benadryl to help with the swelling, though I haven't done this: http://www.poultrydvm.com/drugs/benadryl#:~:text=Diphenhydramine (Benadryl) is a commonly,birds having an allergic reaction.

Good luck with your lady!
Ok..ty. yes I do have her inside and I am observing her. No trouble breathing from what I see.

Can you clean her eye with some saline or water? Look inside for any pus or damage to the eye. Terramycin eye ointment or plain Neosporin ointment can be put into the eye twice a day. Look for any nasal drainage, sneezing, or rattly breathing. Those could be signs of a respiratory disease. A peck wound, a foreign body, or sting also could be possible.
I haven't looked at her eye..but I will definitely clean her eye with saline and try to put some ointment in her eye.

Does anyone think its early signs of Coryza or Mycoplasma? I have a friend that says she might have this. 😥

Does anyone think its early signs of Coryza or Mycoplasma? I have a friend that says she might have this. 😥
I asked you in post #5 if there were any other symptoms (which related to respiratory diseases) and you stated there were none in post #9.
If your bird had either MG or Coryza, you'd know it. Other birds would be showing symptoms as well.
Here's a link for you to take a look at. Scroll down to Infectious Coryza and then Mycoplasma Gallisepticum (MG) and read the symptoms. Then thoroughly observe for any symptoms your bird might have. Hopefully there arnt any :) Let us know what you've come up with.
https://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/ps044

I asked you in post #5 if there were any other symptoms (which related to respiratory diseases) and you stated there were none in post #9.
If your bird had either MG or Coryza, you'd know it. Other birds would be showing symptoms as well.
Here's a link for you to take a look at. Scroll down to Infectious Coryza and then Mycoplasma Gallisepticum (MG) and read the symptoms. Then thoroughly observe for any symptoms your bird might have. Hopefully there arnt any :) Let us know what you've come up with.
https://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/ps044
She doesn't have any other symptoms. I just checked her now. She just looks sad. Her eye is more swollen. No wheezing, no coughing , no sneezing . I just cleaned her eye with saline . And her dropping are green. I will attach pics

Attachments

• received_391756045585541.jpeg
    received_391756045585541.jpeg
    342.5 KB · Views: 7
  • received_1143218856131921.jpeg
    received_1143218856131921.jpeg
    323.5 KB · Views: 7

Back
Top Bottom