what does ordinace meab to you?

mbobb2012

Songster
10 Years
Nov 14, 2012
505.01 ANIMALS RUNNING AT LARGE.

(a) No person being the owner of or having charge of cattle, horses, mules, swine, goats, sheep, geese, ducks, turkeys, chickens or other fowl or animals shall permit them to run at large upon any public place, or upon any unenclosed lands, or upon the premises of another.

(b) The running at large of any such animal in or upon any of the places mentioned in this section is prima-facie evidence that it is running at large in violation of this section. (ORC 951.02)

(c) Whoever violates this section is guilty of a minor misdemeanor.

505.08 NUISANCE CONDITIONS PROHIBITED.

(a) No person shall keep or harbor any animal or fowl in the Municipality so as to create noxious, or offensive odors or unsanitary conditions which are a menace to the health, comfort or safety of the public.

(b) Whoever violates this section is guilty of a minor misdemeanor.

To me it means i can have my chickens if they are inclosed and they are not unsanitary in their nature.....

Yes, it sounds like you should be okay. I would say as long as no one complains of noise or smell--and your chickens don't get out and run loose in the neighborhood, it sounds like you won't have a problem. I would make a visit to the city and ask them if there is an ordinance against keeping chickens. You don't have to tell them where you live. You could have someone else go in and ask and they could say they were just asking for a friend who is thinking of getting chickens.

Yeah i just spent three hours reading through all of the city's ordinances and i cant find anything else mentioning fowl or animals in general, so i think ill be ok..haha ill have my wife stop in.

Unless you are in a very small town, it isn't usually that simple. There are usually different residential zoning districts with different allowed uses. The different districts usually take into account the size of the lots in the district, perhaps historical uses and proximity to other districts such as light industry, agriculture, etc. You need to look up your exact address to find out what zone you are in, and then look up the allowed uses for that zone.

U i did and i cant find anything prohibitive at all ive looked up ordinances zoning, city planning, ive spent the better part of two days and i cant seem to find anything at all.

i did find that there were no stables, dog kennels, or veterinary clinics allowed in residential areas and that is it.
And it gave the specifications for a dog run, that is all the mention of animals in every section of zoning i could find,

Back
Top Bottom