What does your duck house look like?

My husband is not the "crafty" type haha- so I am having a larger version of this built- a 10 1/2 foot long version (this is 6 I believe) for 4 chickens who will live in the coop and I'll buy a duck "house" to come off the back side for the 4 ducks.

In my dream land, this is how it works, haha. The chickens will have the run all day and be "waited on" with treats and garden goods, and the ducks will free range and have a kiddie pool on the back patio, we have two, one is 35 ft + long and the other is probably 25- so hoping this cuts down on the ducks making a mudpuddle of the rest of the yard. The coop will be placed next to my vegetable patch and I'm thinking I am going to place it on top of flagstone pieces that will hold down the hardicloth 'skirt' to keep out raccoons, we have them terribly, they walk along the fence in our back yard. Plus it will give me a ledge to set potted plants on and I won't have to dig to much to do the predator skirting. The yard is quite sizable, used to be part of an old orchard, I am just nervous about what the ducks will do when it rains... Will they continue to use their pool or will they make their own pool in the middle of the yard?

Loved this thread, I am glad it popped up, really helpful <3

Our duck/gander house and enclosed pen. The house is separated by a wall making two separate areas. The goose house has a door leading out into our fenced yard since the ducks and geese don't get along. We also will be adding to the goose house to make it bigger before winter.

Back
Top Bottom