What does your duck house look like?

My ducks live on an old swimming pool, sharing it with bull frogs and koi. They have a floating duck house to protect them from predators. This Spring I will be adding a pen at one end of the pool and another duck house within the pen so that the floating house isn't their only option. Thus far they have seemed quite content and they lay eggs steadily. Once the pen is built I will add a drake.

Very cool! Wish I could do that, but I have no pool...

Mine is a dog run, with a nice pool

And a house made of 4 pallets screwed together to be almost a box, with fence panels screwed on the side.

My pen for breeding, is an old Tool Bench, (actually like a table) with chain link wrapped around, and a dog house.

This is my Duck/Rooster House its made out of recycled pallets the most money we probably spent on it is actually the shingles i wanted it to be a fence and a house so my ducks get the grass and my dogs get the cement side of the yard... although my dog can open the gate... but he doesn't eat the bird poop all the time so that's ok

This is my Duck/Rooster House its made out of recycled pallets the most money we probably spent on it is actually the shingles i wanted it to be a fence and a house so my ducks get the grass and my dogs get the cement side of the yard... although my dog can open the gate... but he doesn't eat the bird poop all the time so that's ok
I love your duck rooster house it's adorable..

Quote: ^^Moms words exactly
lol.png

This is what I have done to get my Ducks to lay in there pens coop. When I first get them obviously you keep them under a light and prepare a place for them outside. I usually put them in a dog house that we have made into a temporary duck pen. We have made a yard for it so they can come in and out on there own. It teaches them it's safe for them inside the dog house and know nothing can get them. Then I move them in the back part of my yard where they all free range. There is one big coop back there with a dog house that looks like the other one. Since I taught them that it was safe they will go in the coop and dog house and lay there eggs. And make there nest. I leave them in the first one until there feathers are all in . I have also gathered up the ducks that have hatched there own babies and put them in the dog house area until there old enough to go out back.

B0516B6C-1F1F-4856-A8E7-D69B85B09A58.jpeg
9FB01B2F-3623-4DCD-AD08-6E34DC9334B2.jpeg
You This is my ducks’ new House! Still waiting on a run, I can’t find a big enough run that doesn’t cost £££. I’m so happy with their new home. Put it together myself and painted it, laid cardboard on the floor then lino samples on the top - nailed down with small nails - to preserve the wooden floor as much as possible. I still have the door knob to screw on as well as paintining the inside and adding a sign. I love everyone’s duck house pictures! So nice to see how creative everyone is.
9D4B1A54-E33B-4E9F-9F82-04300F40D809.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom