What dogs do everyone own?

I don't know how hunting dogs work, but aren't there dogs called deerhounds? can those hunt deer? idk

I've seen some breeders of stuff with docked tails that won't dock dogs going to pet homes, or wont' dock at all, so idk
Yes, there are deerhound dogs and they were bred to hunt deer and large game back in the day. Not anymore. Same with weims, bred to hunt deer and boar. But when the game got over hunted, they started hunting other things. I meant that legally here in the states, you can't hunt deer with a dog. And I understand people not wanting to dock tails but I'm glad his is done. He has happy tail, he would break it open every day

Yes, there are deerhound dogs and they were bred to hunt deer and large game back in the day. Not anymore. Same with weims, bred to hunt deer and boar. But when the game got over hunted, they started hunting other things. I meant that legally here in the states, you can't hunt deer with a dog.
OOoooooooooooh I thought that there was something about dogs that I didn't know that completely messed up something with hunting deer, it never crossed my mind that it could be illegal lol
And I understand people not wanting to dock tails but I'm glad his is done. He has happy tail, he would break it open every day
I personally probably wouldn't go that route with any dog that I got if I wasn't going to show, mostly because I really like the look of tails lol

I just enjoy hearing about people's dogs :)
Give gender, breed, name, why you got that breed, live story, whatever!
Pics are appreciated!!!
I've got Wiley, a Black Mouth Cur and Biko, a miniature Dachshund. We lost our English Mastiff, Clementine, last year.

Attachments

• PXL_20210425_211731719.jpg
    PXL_20210425_211731719.jpg
    1,019.7 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20200601_235833_394.jpg
    IMG_20200601_235833_394.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 4
I've got Wiley, a Black Mouth Cur and Biko, a miniature Dachshund. We lost our English Mastiff, Clementine, last year.
Big dogs next to small dogs is my favorite thing!! They're so cute!! Great job naming them.
I don't know much about black mouth curs, I'd love to hear about them!!

Back
Top Bottom