What Duck Pair is Good for Muli Colored Ducklings

What Duck Pair Would Make Multi Colored Ducklings

• Total voters

Duckbreeder2020

Crossing the Road
Sep 18, 2020
New Jersey
I am trying to make Muli colored ducklings! Which Duck pair would make the best Multi colored ducklings? I only have 3 different kinds so vote and then mention which 2 you voted.

If you cross two white ducks you will get white ducks. If you cross the Buff Orp to the Pekin (or the White Crested, I think) I would expect half the offspring to look similar to a Black Swedish and the other half to look the same, except instead of black, they would have light, solid brown. If the drake is the Buff Orpington and the hen is the Pekin the offspring would be sex-linked. The boys would be the black ones and the girls the brown ones.

If you cross two white ducks you will get white ducks. If you cross the Buff Orp to the Pekin (or the White Crested, I think) I would expect half the offspring to look similar to a Black Swedish and the other half to look the same, except instead of black, they would have light, solid brown. If the drake is the Buff Orpington and the hen is the Pekin the offspring would be sex-linked. The boys would be the black ones and the girls the brown ones.
Ok I was looking online and I found this is what they will look like, half of them at least, and the others probably a solid color.
09FC33F2-8141-49D4-A711-219BC7E20079.jpeg

I was planning for using my drake Pekin. Then my buff is my hen

Ok I was looking online and I found this is what they will look like, half of them at least, and the others probably a solid color. View attachment 2456930
I was planning for using my drake Pekin. Then my buff is my hen
So then, 1/4 should look like your picture and be light brown with a white bib when they grow up and 3/4 should be black with a bib. The ones like your picture will all be girls but the black with the white bibs can be either gender.

Back
Top Bottom