What else lives with your chickens?

We have two peacocks and a peahen living with ours. Princess the peahen seems to like the chickens better than her peacock
friends. We also have BK the Barn Kat, who prefers living with chickens to living with cats or people. .
BK was a stray who adopted us, and the barn is where she has lived (for the most part) since.
OH, and we usually have a skunk or two. They have not bothered the chickens, the cat, or anything else.

Awesome! Yeah, we were really wanting a Peacock to go in with them, and we have been contemplating a Pot Belly Pig too. People here have suggested that a pig might eat the chickens, but I have met several people who have accomplished it, so we are seriously wondering if we can or cant.....we will keep contemplating.

lately I have been considering a urkey as well, but dont know much about thier temperment. Is there diet much different than the Chickens, if at all? What about the peacock, can they all be fed the same food? Sleep in the same house?

The Pig we would have as an indoor/outdoor guy, with his own shelter outdoors, but Id let him mingle with the chickens when they free range.
My Pot Bellies were started with chickens when they were little piglets. They were never aggressive towards the chickens, and seemed to enjoy chicken feet on their backs and little beaks taking away the bugs that would get on them. I absolutely ADORE my turks. They have the best personalities. My tom tom likes to cuddle every now and then (well, I'm not sure he likes it, but he tolerates it :p ), my hen will jump up in my lap for some attention willingly. I've trained them both to come when I whistle, which visitors find amazing and fascinating. Turkeys also aren't nearly as loud as peacocks. You'll get alot of thumping and gobbling from the toms during breeding season, but they don't scream. My hen hardly makes any noise at all. Turks do require a higher protein feed (I get sporting bird crumbles from the co-op, I believe they're 24% protein), which my chickens eat as well. I haven't been able to be without a turkey since we got our first, they're AWESOME! Here's my pair, I show them off every chance I get :lol:
photobucket-3307-1331296852363.jpg

Last edited:
i got some chicks today from a lady that had chickens, geese, 8 dogs, 3 cats, two horses, several ducks all together. she said they were all one big happy family. it was amazing.

My chickens have a coop but no run so they free range all day with my cow, horses and goat. My barn cat in the winter pretty much lives in the coop with the chickens. He is great with them even the little ones, the only problem is getting him out of the nesting box to get eggs out lol
Here is a pic of him in the nesting box, I believe he had 3 eggs under him that day :)

Technically nothing but chickens in the coop but got fair warning if that I brought more chicks home again this spring I will be seeking residence in said coop.

Technically nothing but chickens in the coop but got fair warning if that I brought more chicks home again this spring I will be seeking residence in said coop.

UH-OH!!! sounds like NO spring babies for you! Unless of course, IF living in a chicken coop sounds "not SO bad".
lol.png

UH-OH!!! sounds like NO spring babies for you! Unless of course, IF living in a chicken coop sounds "not SO bad".
lol.png
It's big enough,got a shelf for a flat screen and could hang a hammock.
gig.gif
Really wanted EEs and some Leghorns and a couple of BCMs if I could find them close by. But alas my dreams were dashed. Got next year all planned out, "you know the older girls are slowing down now and we should plan on updating the flock" well that's what I am going with.

Back
Top Bottom