What exactly did you Google (search engine of your choice) to get here?

Which general topic lead you here?

• Emergency

• Food related

• Housing

• Breeds

• Hatching

• Poultry Laws

• Peafowl and blackhead (histomoniasis)

• Rum Recipes

• Other, but if you choose this you have to explain.

• Medication dose

Results are only viewable after voting.
Pics
What did you learn that DE was good for?
I'm worried you might have read something that wasn't quite true.
That is was good to put down in the coup to control the poop smell but to get the food grade variety and let the chickens roam while adding to the coup so they do not inhale a lot of the dust. Is this not true?

That is was good to put down in the coup to control the poop smell but to get the food grade variety and let the chickens roam while adding to the coup so they do not inhale a lot of the dust. Is this not true?
I'm going to have to say this is not true.
The best way to control the poop smell is to pick it up daily.

One thing that really helps with preventing a bad smell is to keep your coup extremely dry...
Wet=stink.

I added a poll.
I think the poll fairy needs to help me fix/add more options to the poll though.
I added a poll.
I think the poll fairy needs to help me fix/add more options to the poll though.
:fl
I googled a whole bunch of different things especially because the chickens I got were rescued. Google always brought me to BYC, So I joined. But I remember after looking up worms/ parasites and dosing is what finally had me join. It’s an awesome site to belong to.

Thanks for the video KiKi. I was trying to figure out how to navigate the site. I found the site from reading a book on raising chickens. I haven't decided on what kind of chickens yet; however I do like the Wyandotte's. They are beautiful.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D I found you courtesy of google 7 days ago when I was seeking a cause of crop baldness I suspected to be chicken lice or mites. We dipped them, sprayed their coop and put down some fresh straw sprinkled with DE. Their feathers looks beter, almost grown back and I know they are happier. I joined because I have so much more to learn.

I have been coming here for months, reading. Sometimes I have questions I Google, sometimes just reading things interesting and the Google trail leads me here lol.

I think the first thing I googled and found here was info on meat birds- local feed store had a bin labeled leghorns back in March and they weren't leghorns. I wanted to know what the chances of them living was if I didn't cull; I don't have the heart for that unless completely necessary. None made it- 4 health problems as research told me was likely, 1 a predator. Since then I come here for info constantly lol.

I have 33 chickens now- 5 roosters/cockerel's and 28 hens/pullets. All between 10 months and 4 days. I have black, gold and red sex link hens. Silkie, brahma bantam, OEGB, pyncheon and California Gray pullets. Cuckoo Marans, Easter Eggers, cream legbar pullets. My boys are- California gray, gold laced cochin bantam, Easter egger, cuckoo marans, and cream legbar.

Soooo many more I want to add, I love them all ❤

I found BYC a couple years ago while researching the topics of discussion of this forum and have frequently referred to the wealth of knowledge and experience I found within its threads. I've been a "taking" so much that it now may be possible to "give" back to others here...those, like me, who are lucky enough to find us.

I became interested in raising chickens as a source of "free" eggs a year or more before actually buying any, so I was probably researching things like "diy chicken coop" or "raising chickens" when I discovered BYC. So far I've built a small 3'x5' holding coop and run, and a larger 4'x8' coop with 14'x10' run.

Back
Top Bottom