what exactly is fluffy?

Quote:
TSC gets their birds from various hatcheries. Hatchery silkies are not bred to standard and therefore quality can vary and they often have many faults. I think it's doubtful that his legs will ever be feathered. I think silkies lay cream-colored tinted eggs.

Some hatchery silkies look more like the often show type that you see most often in pictures of silkies.

From the same bunch of hatchery birds I got this hen in the front:
230_img_2427.jpg

She's not show type at all, but did have 5 toes, dark skin, a decent poof and feathered legs which isn't too bad for my purposes. The rooster in the back was not from hatchery stock.

Her sibling though had no crest at all:

230_roo3.jpg

Quote:
Totally don't get, a rag?
PLEASE DON'T BE A ROO!!! Maybe he wont crow? I hear a honk every now and then but no cock a doodle roo, which I have just started hearing from three others. I only have six, I don't want to get rid of four! Especially not fluffy.
idunno.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
TSC gets their birds from various hatcheries. Hatchery silkies are not bred to standard and therefore quality can vary and they often have many faults. I think it's doubtful that his legs will ever be feathered. I think silkies lay cream-colored tinted eggs.

Yep, that is the color I get, it is really nice
tongue.png

Definately a White Silkie Roo!
smile.png
His legs should be more fluffy, but my silkie from TSC was like that, too.

Last edited:
Fluffy is adorable! I'm leaning towards saying roo. I also bought my silkie, who's name is fluffy butt, from TSC.

Here is a picture of Fluffy Butt... my daughters named him.
big_smile.png
He is 12 weeks in this picture. I hope this helps you determine what sex Fluffy is.
86337_img_1006.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom