What food do you feed your dog?

Five of my dogs were/are on Diamond Naturals. Very happy with the Lamb and Rice and Senior dry food from them since there is no corn, wheat, or soy. My Boxer lived to 14 on the stuff.

My Boston is on a stupid expensive prescription diet that is mostly corn and by-product meal.... 😒
That science diet stuff? sometimes its shocking to me how well some dogs can do on crappy food. My dog did horrid on that stuff!

Orijen is super expensive,
It sure is! I'm hoping it will be worth it in the long run. Growing up my family always said German shepherds and every single one of them ended up with health issues and I don't see how their cheap food didn't contribute to that.
So far I've been very happy with how well Maisy is doing on it.

Dry food. I don't have the lifestyle for raw right now
I've only fed Purina Puppy Chow or Purina Dog Chow, with some amount of human food scraps. The combination seemed to work well for my former Labrador Retriever, and a more recent mixed-small-breed puppy. I can't say what fraction was Dog Chow and what fraction was food scraps, and of course the quality/quantity of food scraps would vary from one household to another.

The Lab eventually got cancer and had to be put down, but she was fairly old, and that happened to some of her siblings at younger ages than her (I have no idea what the siblings were being fed, and I know they all lived to a fairly good age, so it was not a case of them dying very young.)

It sure is! I'm hoping it will be worth it in the long run. Growing up my family always said German shepherds and every single one of them ended up with health issues and I don't see how their cheap food didn't contribute to that.
So far I've been very happy with how well Maisy is doing on it.
I'll try it for sure, I just cannot afford it right now. I wasn't expecting it to be 90 dollars, it was around 60 last time I looked at it.

Deacon did really bad on dog chow, Pedigree, and wellness. I don't trust pedigree anymore, they always seem to be having issues with their company. Just recently forgetting nutrients in their food and making a bunch of dogs sick.
What about a fresh or air dried food? Its MUCH more expensive, but not to much pricier than an expensive kibble. Plus, you could always mix it with the kibble. Thats similar to what I do for my cats since I'm not up for doing raw all around. I give them and freeze dried organ meat supplement, freeze dried mushrooms, and pre and probiotics.
My cats eat AvoDerm and Call of the Wild, we switch between brands. Works really well for them.

Back
Top Bottom