What Gender is Splosh?

Persony Person

In the Brooder
Mar 21, 2020
Splosh, currently my only chick, from "This Thread" about my chickens, is rather difficult for us to gender. We originally thought he/she was a cockerel, but the growth of the comb has slowed significantly.
Splosh also seems to be very... compact and beefy, small for a 2 month old chick, which confuses the identification further. I don't want to be invasive and have the possibility of accidently hurting him/her when trying to pick him up, so I can only do photos from afar.

Here are a few of images of him/her:

TheOddOneOut

Crowing
Feb 15, 2020
The suburbs of Portland,Oregon
Splosh, currently my only chick, from "This Thread" about my chickens, is rather difficult for us to gender. We originally thought he/she was a cockerel, but the growth of the comb has slowed significantly.
Splosh also seems to be very... compact and beefy, small for a 2 month old chick, which confuses the identification further. I don't want to be invasive and have the possibility of accidently hurting him/her when trying to pick him up, so I can only do photos from afar.

Here are a few of images of him/her:

Boy...

Persony Person

In the Brooder
Mar 21, 2020
So that's 4 out of 4 for the latest chicks from the past 2 years all being roosters. Damn. Was hoping for a young hen given the age of my other ones.

No worries though. Splosh will hopefully have a long and happy life.

Top Bottom