What Gender is this chick?

May 31, 2019
Hi everyone, I got this chick about 5-6 weeks old could you tell me if it's a cockerel or a pullet? Slow feathering than the other 4 got them all from Rural King I know there's a 50% chance a rooster can end up in there I'm not worried at all he's a huge sweetheart.
IMG20231204085831.jpg
IMG20231204104528.jpg
IMG20231204085822.jpg

@Tookie so it could be a female then? Does the comb show rooster yet? Like the rows for the peacomb? My one Sapphire Gem pullet looked like this very slow feathering I thought boy to but she was fully feathered later on

@Tookie so it could be a female then? Does the comb show rooster yet? Like the rows for the peacomb? My one Sapphire Gem pullet looked like this very slow feathering I thought boy to but she was fully feathered later on
So far I am thinking female, the comb isn't too pronounced and there's no redness to it.

@Tookie I have a Whiting True Blue Rooster he's about 2 years old I'm rehoming him tomorrow because he's been very aggressive towards me drawn blood on me four to five times with his spurs I was going to get a Lavender Orpington is that breed sweet towards people?

@Tookie someone else on Backyard chicken Facebook group said he was a rooster not a pullet
Well, that can't be 100% true, as nothing points to it being a male for sure. I'm thinking its more likely a pullet, but I could be wrong. Like I said before, give it some more time then you should know gender for sure.

Back
Top Bottom