What Gender is this chick?

@Tookie he was showing a little bit not that bad and I haven't changed anything and no I usually have a stick broom or my dog with me but if I don't he will go after me I know when he was raised the breeders had to hit him with the broom as a younger Cockerel he was showing some aggressive behavior then to

@Tookie he was showing a little bit not that bad and I haven't changed anything and no I usually have a stick broom or my dog with me but if I don't he will go after me I know when he was raised the breeders had to hit him with the broom as a younger Cockerel he was showing some aggressive behavior then to
Sounds like he's always had aggression issues, and it hasn't showed up much until now.

Here's some threads you can read that may help you.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/rooster-behaviors.1598847/#post-27191263

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/aggressive-rooster-idea.1553948/

@Tookie I have read about the stick method he will attack me with the stick to from behind should I just rehome him?
You won't know till you try it, so I say you can give it a shot.
If you think its best to rehome, then do that. But if you're willing to put in some time and effort to work on him and see if he'll get better, you could do that.
Do whatever you think is best though.

Yes @Tookie he's just not getting anywhere with his attitude my friend is taking him to free range with hens so maybe he will be happy there this is the Lavender Orpington my friend is giving me he's 7 months old very sweet boy with people and other chickens

Attachments

• IMG_20231204_120605_01.jpg
    IMG_20231204_120605_01.jpg
    652.5 KB · Views: 1
Yes @Tookie he's just not getting anywhere with his attitude my friend is taking him to free range with hens so maybe he will be happy there this is the Lavender Orpington my friend is giving me he's 7 months old very sweet boy with people and other chickens
Aw, he's a pretty boy! Sounds like he's a good one so far, good luck with him!

Back
Top Bottom