What Gender?

Tara Black

Songster
6 Years
Jul 9, 2013
Dover DE
So I have 4 BLRW and I'm very eager to know what gender they are. They are about 6 weeks old now and since I'm new to chickens as well as new to BLRW, I'm looking for opinions on their gender. Thank you for any and all help.
Chick 1

Chick 2

Chick 3

Chick 4

Also any idea on my 3 LB? The 3 one is larger, but it was larger and I think older then the other 2 when I bought them.

Chick 1

Chick 2

Chick 3

Chick 3 possibly the rest pullets

So in your opinion I have one Roo of the BLRW and maybe one Roo of the LB? I really hope so because I'm not allowed to have Roo's and my neighbors will not be happy with them, so I need to rehome any I the males before they crow.

blrw-- 1&2 are pullets. 4 is a rooster. I'm also on the fence about 3, you'll just have to wait and see how it turns out. That seems to be a lot of comb for the age, though.

Brahmas--1 is a pullet. I think 2&3 are roosters. 2 is iffy, but I'm pretty sure I can see three rows on that comb. Brahmas mature pretty slow, so you've got time.

blrw-- 1&2 are pullets. 4 is a rooster. I'm also on the fence about 3, you'll just have to wait and see how it turns out. That seems to be a lot of comb for the age, though.

Brahmas--1 is a pullet. I think 2&3 are roosters. 2 is iffy, but I'm pretty sure I can see three rows on that comb. Brahmas mature pretty slow, so you've got time.

So male brahmas have 3 rows on their combs? How many do females have? Good info to know, thanks!

Back
Top Bottom