What GOOD things happened this year?

Thanks for starting this thread! I think it is so important to look on the positive side!!! This year has definitely had some hard things, for both the world and me personally, but some good things in my life were:
- I graduated high school and started college
- I got a miniature donkey colt that I've been training to drive
- I get to spend a year with my grandparents as I go to school
- I recently got 3 lavender orpingtons which I have been wanting for a while now!
- Not just 2020, but still thankful for, my awesome job and employers

Thats awesome! Good luck in college!

Tri2020.jpg

Finally got my first tricolor rex.
One of my household graduated college with an engineering degree.
Another got a new job this week with a company offering better work hours, benefits, and an 8K/yr raise.
Got to celebrate more of my religious holidays than usual because I had some free time.
Finally got my Youtube and my Etsy shop up and running. (Anyone looking for some last minute gifts? :lau )
Established a thriving pet beetle colony.
Found support in surprising places.
Played a weekly D&D game with my friends digitally for the entirety of the pandemic. My first serious long term GMing and it's SUPER fun and going really well.

View attachment 2456810

Finally got my first tricolor rex.
One of my household graduated college with an engineering degree.
Another got a new job this week with a company offering better work hours, benefits, and an 8K/yr raise.
Got to celebrate more of my religious holidays than usual because I had some free time.
Finally got my Youtube and my Etsy shop up and running. (Anyone looking for some last minute gifts? :lau )
Established a thriving pet beetle colony.
Found support in surprising places.
Played a weekly D&D game with my friends digitally for the entirety of the pandemic. My first serious long term GMing and it's SUPER fun and going really well.

Lots of good things! Cute bunny! What do you sell on etsy? And what is GMing?

Lots of good things! Cute bunny! What do you sell on etsy? And what is GMing?

Yep! He's very handsome - and he's a high quality breeding rabbit. 8) It's a Big Deal for me.

I sell several things - soaps, candles, wood burnings on reclaimed wood, bone crafts. Most of it is up but not all.

GMing is Game Mastering, or DMing, Dungeon Mastering. Basically I play the world that the players interact with and together we tell a story in the game Dungeons and Dragons. For example, if Our Heroes are confused as to where they need to go next, I'm their deus ex machina. I tell them they hear a rumor at an inn or they find a billboard looking for adventurers to do work. If they are in combat I play the "baddies", the monsters and people and environments they're fighting against. If they are in a situation they can't get out of I can chose to play the people who save them - or let them dig themselves deeper until they die. It's a really dynamic and high labor role in the game but it's a LOT of fun and it's great watching them discover the story about this world and how to interact with it.

My runaway child came back. Just in time to be home when the pandemic started. She chafed at the restrictions for a bit, but she has settled into a routine and is at peace. I am happy she is here, and safe, or at least as safe as possible under the circumstances. We are closer than I ever dreamed possible. Thank you, 2020.

Back
Top Bottom