What Goose Breed is Right For Me?

I would add my vote for Toulouse. A pair would probably be better than just females when it comes to watch for hawks, males instincts help in that situation. The larger size will also be a helpful deterrent, though, as mentioned before, they are better alarms than guards. My Toulouse ganders have been sweethearts, even if they get slightly sassy in spring.

My husband and his gander Sunday
78DBAD19-A52D-4595-8EA9-B635969C848C.jpeg

these are my goblins! brown chinese just over a week old. i'm not sure of the sex, but i have my fingers crossed at least one is female. although they hatched within 24 hours of each other, one is larger-boned, more vocal & more assertive than the other smaller, finer boned gosling. they are so delightful!

Attachments

• bebbies5.jpg
    bebbies5.jpg
    444.8 KB · Views: 6
  • bebbies4.jpg
    bebbies4.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 6
whe
My 7 month old toulouse gander is great! He fought a hawk off of my Roman tufted a few months ago. He's going to be HUGE, so not sure if size is a deciding factor for you.😊 He gets very upset if i mess with the chickens and they start squawking, but hes never tried to attack me. He just voices his displeasure.😂 My roamn tufted is much more docile but that could be because i think its a female.🤷‍♀️View attachment 2972285
im looking on my local craigslist and have found some toulouse for sale, but what age do yoh recommend getting them and where are other sites that you can get them

whe

im looking on my local craigslist and have found some toulouse for sale, but what age do yoh recommend getting them and where are other sites that you can get them
I got mine at a few days old, it's best to get them as young as possible so you can bond with them. Try Facebook too. There are chicken groups on there that have waterfowl as well.

Back
Top Bottom