what happend here

COUNTRYBOI

Chirping
7 Years
Apr 20, 2012
western KY
green beak green feet extra toe what happend here???? don't know of parents bought 4 dozen brown country eggs and hatched them for egg layers lady down the road sell country eggs for eating and has a bunch of egg layer breeds together brown eggs I had recently heard of a mean fighting chicken called a blue faced hatch that had green legs thought that green legs sounded weird then here's this lil bird

S/he looks like a Silkie mix, Silkie's are a common breed (you can kind of tell around here) The mix could have been a Easter EggerXSilkie.

well I never would have thought silkie he/she fuzz is short most silkies I seen really fluffy that and not sure of silkies haveing dark brown eggs and the lady we bought eggs from has only dark egg layers i know she has reds rir maybe new ham reds and buff ophington I hatched 46 out of 48 eggs their are three chicks that that look like this one as of color but it's the only one with extra toes and green legs

silkie/ee mix probably a 2nd or 3rd generation there are other breeds with 5 toes i just cant think of them right of the bat

silkie/ee mix probably a 2nd or 3rd generation there are other breeds with 5 toes i just cant think of them right of the bat
thats cool I'm just not a silkie person don't know much about them my mother raises them and i did not know if there was a silkie breed that layed brown eggs all the chickens the person had that i got the eggs from were brown egg layers as far as I knew but could be wrong ...

if you breed silkie to non-silkied, the chicks will not be silkied. Both parents either have to be silkied or carry the silkie gene for the chick to be silkied. They could have a Silkie rooster

I would have thought a dorking would be more likely than a silkie :/

Any of my chicks born from one parent with feathered feet, has feathered legs. Although not as feathered for sure.

Back
Top Bottom