What happened to Boggy Bottom Bantams?

SarahLadd

Crowing
6 Years
Jun 23, 2017
Minneapolis, MN
In my obsessive quest for all things barbu d'anvers, I see Boggy Bottom's pictures a lot. They had the most comprehensive collection of labeled color varieties of anyone I've found on the internet. Hours upon hours of searching for photos of chicks and birds, and I always ran into their photos and wonderful birds. However, all activity seems to cease entirely somewhere around '17, and I'm left wondering where they went. It's hard to even get ahold of the most common color quail, let alone all the colors they had and were making. Where did they go? Do they still raise D'anvers?

In my obsessive quest for all things barbu d'anvers, I see Boggy Bottom's pictures a lot. They had the most comprehensive collection of labeled color varieties of anyone I've found on the internet. Hours upon hours of searching for photos of chicks and birds, and I always ran into their photos and wonderful birds. However, all activity seems to cease entirely somewhere around '17, and I'm left wondering where they went. It's hard to even get ahold of the most common color quail, let alone all the colors they had and were making. Where did they go? Do they still raise D'anvers?

From what I could find, looks like they sold all their birds in Spring of 2019. Not sure why.
Hope you can find the birds you are looking for.🙂

He sold most if not all his birds a few years ago. I do not think they are in business anymore but may have been health reasons. I have one little black one from them. I was sad great birds!

An injury made it difficult to continue raising poultry, so he sold his flock. I was one of the lucky ones who got birds from him, though only 2 from his stock remain, my pet hens, Luna and Lovebird. I raise blue quail, quail, and blue/black/splash d’Anvers and am starting a cuckoo project. All from different stock. But since you’re interested in all things d’Anvers you might think this is cool:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/amers-d’anvers.1421505/

I've been crawling through that thread over the last few days. Seems there was once a vibrant and exciting group of folks working on cool stuff with d'anvers. I am on page 675 lol. Still trying so hard to find out what my 2 mystery chicks are for color and hoping the answer is in there somewhere.

I've been crawling through that thread over the last few days. Seems there was once a vibrant and exciting group of folks working on cool stuff with d'anvers. I am on page 675 lol. Still trying so hard to find out what my 2 mystery chicks are for color and hoping the answer is in there somewhere.
Cool!

An injury made it difficult to continue raising poultry, so he sold his flock. I was one of the lucky ones who got birds from him, though only 2 from his stock remain, my pet hens, Luna and Lovebird. I raise blue quail, quail, and blue/black/splash d’Anvers and am starting a cuckoo project. All from different stock. But since you’re interested in all things d’Anvers you might think this is cool:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/amers-d’anvers.1421505/
Are you selling any hatching eggs from your stock?

Back
Top Bottom