What happened to FALL

We are having the opposite problem! It's hot here. HOT. We were sweating and roasting picking pumpkins and apples last weekend, it was in the 80's and the sun was blazing. Today it's 79 degrees and sunny. Usually it starts to cool down in September and we wear sweaters by October...but this year Fall refuses to come.

We got a very cold snap there for 1-2 weeks. It was dipping below 30 at night. DH says it's supposed to hit 72 today, but I don't see it happening. It's still pretty chilly out there.

It was below 40 here last night. My poor birds were all huddled together. So we bought a heater. And it was hot here all week too - in the 90's. I have no idea what is up with the weather.

Quote:
hahahaha ...*looking at Tx...ahhhh, mid to hi 70's
big_smile.png

Wow! I'm sorry for you guys up north.
th.gif
October is pretty close to heaven in Southest MO. We have days in the 70's and 80's, lots of sun, and and the buzzard-sized mosquitos are starting to die back.
yippiechickie.gif

Weather here in central Virginia hasn't been too bad. Our trees just exploded overnight in their flashy fall colors. I'm hoping the mild weather will hold out at least through to November so I can have a couple weeks with the new (haven't gotten them yet) chickens to get them (ahem, and myself) adjusted.
roll.png

Bluh. Its humid here right now and supposed to get up to 72. Not what I consider fall!!
At least the temps are supposed to drop back to normal this week.

Woke up to 29 degrees this morning, will go up to about 65 this afternoon. Friday and Saturday they had snow only 22 miles from here. By Wednesday it is suppose to be around 80 again. Make up my mind already. No matter what, I am going to start putting mare corn in thier feed. It may drop production a little but they will be warm. What I really hate about this weather is the late hatches. Seems like everyday another hen appears with chicks. They are the ones that need the heat.
They are taking the chicks into the coops at night which is giving them a little better chance. I can't put them in brooders for all mine are full of next years replacements. Even if I was to build more, I don't know where I would put them. I keep telling the DW that we need a bigger place.

i love fall and spring and we really don't get either here in Louisiana. It got up to 82 yesterday and right now it is 80. It is cooler in the mornings and late late at night.

still have the mosquitoes! hope they go away really soon!!

don't complain to Al Gore, he will just chalk it up to global warming!
sickbyc.gif

wendy

Came home from town yesterday and the pass between MT and ID was closed.

I woke up this am and swapped out frozen water dishes.

The ladies are now out wandering around in the white stuff. The sun is out and is nice for a snowy day!

DH was worried about them getting cold. I had to remind him this was fall. They need to aclimate a bit. They will get some heat help in the dead of winter....when it is much colder.

Back
Top Bottom