What happens if I put a Chocolate Orpingyon Roo over Red cuckoo Orpington hen?

So my choc Roo with lavender cuckoo and lavender are going to give me straight chocolate chicks but to keep the lavender at bay breed to black? Otherwise those chocolate chicks crossed to each other will be a mess of colors?

And the red cuckoo hen under choc Roo you said would be choc with red belly but will this be funny looking and maybe just put her in mixed pen?

Funny how the cuckoo of the red and lavenders hens disappears in chicks.

And the red cuckoo hen under choc Roo you said would be choc with red belly but will this be funny looking and maybe just put her in mixed pen?

Funny how the cuckoo of the red and lavenders hens disappears in chicks.
I would say so.

the cuckoo disappears from the pullet crossed chicks because their father is not cuckoo(chocolate rooster) and while lavender is autosomal(both gender get a copy of lavender) it’s recessive, it really does not disappear as much as it becomes hidden from view and can only be back if crossed back to pure lavender.

Also will the choc Roo fix the trait of frayed feathers that lavenders are prone too!
Choc roo over lavender hens will produce chocolate colored hens(that carry lavender hidden) and Black Roosters(that carry Lavender and chocolate hidden), I believe the best way to fix that defect is to breed the pure lavender birds with the best feather traits, on the first years of the Lavender gene crazed you could see really bad quality stock, but now very good quality stock rarely have this fault.

Okay so red cuckoo hen will go in mixed pen. Can't believe it after how much I spent in the eggs. Oh well I will still get 5.50 for each of her chicks hatched so not total loss!

So breed my chocolate Roo over the lavenders though for solid choc chicks but sell as egg laying eye candy with them knowing carrying lavender genes so won't breed to blue!
Keep some for myself, so pretty and put in mixed pen next year.

Will the chocolate fixed the feather splitting traits of lavender birds?

So breed my chocolate Roo over the lavenders though for solid choc chicks but sell as egg laying eye candy with them knowing carrying lavender genes so won't breed to blue!
Keep some for myself, so pretty and put in mixed pen next year.

Will the chocolate fixed the feather splitting traits of lavender birds?
Chocolate roo over lavender hen will produce 100% chocolate pullets that will look like pure(no signs of lavender), 100% black roosters that carry both lavender and chocolate in hidden form, this chocolate pullets will not sho any feather splitting.

Back
Top Bottom