What happens to the left over chicks?

CrazyPetunias

Chirping
8 Years
Mar 1, 2013
Michigan
I stopped by TSC today to get some more bedding for my babies. While I was there, I stopped by to see the new babies. They had about 6 tubs of baby chicks and they all looked to be 1 - 3 days old. Small and cute as a button.

I had bought my 6 chicks at the end of February and they are about 3 weeks old now and are feathering out like crazy. They get big so fast!

So, when I stopped at TSC I was expecting to see some older ones there too. None.

I can't believe they sell out every chick they get in. Does anyone know what happens to the chicks that don't sell?

I've also heard that the different stores will discount. People have gotten ducklings for $0.25. They can't keep them in stock around here. Well they do have some older cornish cross but I don't have the space right now for them.

Wow. I will have to try and find out which day they discount them here. Wish I knew before that they discount them - paid full price ($3 each) for my pullets.

Thanks!

Not sure what my local TSC does. They sure don't discount them, or sell them in batches less than 6.

I had a not-so-nice discussion with our local TSC manager who refused to sell me the last 2 chicks on a Sunday evening. They had been there since Tuesday.... She wouldn't allow anyone to purchase them because there were just 2 and the "6 chick" minimum couldn't be met (and it didn't matter that I had purchased a bunch of chicks the week before...).

It was crazy, and even the district manager said the store manager was wrong in how she handled it.

Back
Top Bottom