What has been your experience with Eggbid.com?

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by kees, Oct 19, 2008.

1. kees

kees Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2008
    Has anyone on the BYC used Eggbid.com I've bought birds from them three times and never had a problem. However, I'm a little worried now. A seller sold me four Buff Orpingtons and I wasn't worried because of his occupation. Think Hebrew National. Now, I haven't received my chickens yet even though I paid my Paypal (almost two hundred dollars). I called him and he stated that he would send me the birds in a week. The weird thing is that he asked me email my name, address and phone number to him. Usually a seller has all that info., maybe not the phone. What have your experiences been?

:thun

2. Tony K T

Tony K T Overrun With Chickens

Jul 28, 2008
    New Hampshire
    I've bought thru eggbid plenty of times with no problems.You do need to read feedback on your seller before hand.Don't be afraid to ask seller questions,if they don't feel they need to answer you,I wouldn't bid on their auction.
    You are protected if you bought thru paypal.If he doesn't ship birds,contact them and explain your situation.
    In N.H.,Tony.

3. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    I buy and sell through eggbid and haven't had any problems. Communication is key to every transaction. If you're not sure what's happening, I would email the seller and ask for an update.

Jody

4. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I don't know where you and the seller are located, but there are rules regarding temps and being allowed to ship. Several years ago I bought some call ducks and the weather was too warm so we had to wait for the weather to cool down so they could ship them.

5. kees

Feb 5, 2008
    How much does Paypal reimburse if you use them for an auction?

6. kees

Feb 5, 2008
    I did check his feedback and it wasn't great for his follow-up of buying birds but I foolishly thought it was okay because he was a reverend. I called the church that he put down with his information and they weren't too happy that he continued to state that he was still affiliated with him.

7. scrappyroo

scrappyroo Out Of The Brooder

Jan 18, 2007
    Binghamton, New York
    Quote:OUCH!!

8. Chickenaddict

Chickenaddict Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    East Bethel MN
    I have used eggbid once for serama hatching eggs. The seller sent me 10 eggs and the bid was for 6. Out of those 10 eggs 9 hatched so i'd have to say i have had great luck so far.

9. SGM

SGM Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2008
    Easley, SC
    I bought Guinea eggs in 2006 through eggbid. Got 16 eggs and the auction was for 12. I had 12 hatch. [​IMG] I have bid a few times lately but so far not won the auctions.

10. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    I made my first purchase a few weeks ago. Today is day 20 and hope they will pip soon. I accidently dropped one and it was still alive. Dont think he will make it though. [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 20, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by